The event takes place on Saturday 1st June from 1 – 4pm at Lift in Angel, Islington.
As part of both Islington Giving Week and National Volunteers Week, Give Local is a chance to explore how you can get involved in the Islington community and see what perks and skills you can gain from doing so.
We can now reveal that the following activities will be taking place on the day:
- – The grand opening of LIFT’s new café with free food and demos
- – A smoothie bike run by Community Diner and Aquaterra
- – A Here To challenge and the chance to win a free Chipotle burrito
- – A free drop-in bicycle maintenance stand
- – A storytelling treasure hunt run by Islington Community Theatre
- – Free health checks for Islington residents aged 35 – 74
- – Dance, drama, typography, craft and textile workshops from City Academy, Stuart Low Trust, North London Cares, Age UK, Saturday Night Project and Type Tasting
- – The return of the Here To Photomatic Machine
- – Performances by local artists and youth groups such as Brick City
- – Free personal training sessions run by Lift’s Personal Trainers
We are very much looking forward to meeting you all.