As I write I am watching the Closing Ceremony for London 2012, as we celebrate the amazing achievements of the Games Makers of London 2012!
So the athletes and all their coaches were pretty great too, but if it hadn’t been for the 70,000 Games Makers who gave up at least two weeks of their time to help run the London 2012 Olympic Games, to meet and great people from around the world and support the athletes, we wouldn’t have had an Olympics at all.
To all those who have gave up their time at London 2012 we salute you and thank you for making us so proud to be British!
We want to help continue the amazing atmosphere that has been in London over the last couple of weeks with your help! The Here To team are preparing to get out on the town again and to gather more of your ideas for how you would like to get involved in the Islington community and we would love your support in spreading the word. We will be having stands at different festivals across the borough:
- Angel Canal Festival (Graham Street, off City Road, N1) – 2nd September, 11- around 3pm
- Gillespie Park Festival (near Arsenal tube station) – Sunday 9th September, 1-5pm
- Cally Festival (Caledonian Road) – Sunday 16th September, 12 – 6pm
We will be taking our fantastic new photomatic profiling machine (above) to events throughout Islington, meeting residents and organisations to find out what you’re favourite thing to do is and how you can use this interest to improve the Islington community. We will also be doing some on the spot volunteering, from planting to painting for local areas and organisations in Islington.
- Do you want to be part of something new and exciting?
- Do you want to try out your camera skills in our photomatic machine?
- Or perhaps you want to hang out with fellow residents and friends (or even members of our team- who wouldn’t?)?
Whatever your motivations we would love you to be involved with Here To and spreading the word across Islington. Let us know what would inspire you to help out at our stalls and we’ll see if we can provide it.
We are looking for people to help out on our stand at the festivals above, whether it is for one hour or the whole day then please get in touch.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.